A Day Dies

20131230-135935.jpg
The earths blood flows out
Across deeply rippled sand,
Returning to source.

About these ads

Hi, I'm Seonaid, and I live by the banks of the River Esk near Edinburgh, Scotland. I currently share my home with my husband, my son, my nephew and a collection of cats and dogs. I am forever snapping shots of things which catch my eye. I love art which is here now and gone tomorrow...like food and nature...but also have a passion for vintage and the ancient past! I guess I'm a mixed up kind of girl. I have been using and teaching mindfulness and relaxation for over 10 years, and have yet to become any sort of expert :-) I'm a Psychotherapist, and I'm employed 3 days a week as a Cancer Support Specialist in Maggies Cancer Centre.
This entry was posted in elemental, mindfulness, nature photo, photos, poem, spiritual, verse and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to A Day Dies

1. Was this is Toronto? It’s wonderful !

2. Beautiful composition :-)

Have a wonderful 2014, Seonaid — I so enjoy this recurring opportunity to see with your eye and your spirit…

Beautifully captured in words and picture. I like the possibilty of seeing different things in the sand and water…Happy New Year!

Isn’t Mother Nature amazing? and you’ve captured her work beautifully!

6. What beautiful words and a lovely photo to go along with it.

7. Very nice. I grew up by the ocean (Boston) and jobs have landlocked me for more than 30 years. I miss the smell of salt in the air and the taste of salt water and have always envied yours. It looks as though you have a tremendous tidal range there … impressive. My nose twitches at the beautiful smells … just out of my reach! How frustrating! D

• I’m so sorry to provoke frustration David :-)
      I can totally understand, as I miss the ocean if I don’t visit frequently. I just can’t imagine being landlocked and away from her salty waves. I don’t think anywhere in Scotland is very far from the sea, as we have such a crinkly coast!
      This shot was taken on Yellowcraigs beach, and the sand is on a very gentle gradient down into the wide tidal estuary of the Firth of Forth. I’ve had a few comment on the blog about the tidal range so I did a bit of research and it seems that the further you are away from the equator the greater the tidal range! The things I’ve learnt from blogging!

A beautifully cyclical haiku and a great image ★

Oh .. yes …. a perfect haiku inspired by seeing… really seeing … Beautiful imagery .

10. Lisa says:

I like the perspective :)

11. wildsherkin says:

What a beautiful picture! Those ripples on the sand could almost be like fish!

12. It really does look like the earth is “bleeding,” not in an alarming way, though. I love the comparison of water to Earth blood. I have at times described the color of Earth blood as green. But this is perfect for the picture.

• It was the pink light, and the vein like shapes which got me thinking along these lines. I nearly called the post Earth Blood, but in fact felt there was a lot more to write and reflect about….so that will be another post…another time :-)
      I love your idea of earth blood as green….for me it’s always the water flowing out across the earths skin…..but both are lovely thoughts.