Life in Winter

Winter holds the hill

Whitewashed steely lifeless fields

Life’s flame flickers on

This entry was posted in mindfulness, nature photo, poem and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to Life in Winter

1. Andrew Seal says:

Pure magic Seonaid – truly wonderful 🙂

I feeel Winter’s grip …. but there’s warmth within .
    Lovely both Seonaid .

3. bluebrightly says:

Such a classically balanced and beautiful image! And I love your rabbit watercolor. (Got here through hour of soft light).

Hold the hill, it does! 🙂 Wonderful turn of phrase.

5. Nandini says:

I feel like running to that tiny warm glow and enjoy the coziness of the fire. Nicely captured.

6. pommepal says:

Just magical, the tiny light glows so bright and leads the eye right into the heart of this lovely photo.

7. Simplicity at its best!

8. I just love this .. your words and the pic are divine. And that twinkling light – how very special 😀

Calming winter beauty!

10. Exquisite words and photograph.Would love to be at the other end of the perspective to see what else there is out there…

11. I’m not quite sure why, for I know we’re supposed to think about the life we can see in the cabin, hold up for winter. But I immediately thought about life’s flame still alight, though frozen in the cold ground and within the very cold waters of the lake. That’s even more amazing, don’t you think? D

• Well you’re not far from my thinking as I wrote the haiku…I was thinking of the life suspended within the frozen earth….waiting to burst forth come spring….as well as the life protected in the warm shell of the house✨💕✨And all of it is amazing!

Too cold for me, but magical from this distance 🙂

• It was indeed cold, but so pretty with the snow…..and the imagined fire within the farmhouse. We stopped for hot chocolate beside a big wood burning stove, at an Inn at the foot of the hills once the cold got too much✨❄️✨

13. Nellcountry says:

What a lovely image. I was hoping for snow too but in this mild and wet climate in the south west of Ireland….no such luck but I keep hoping.
    Love your blogs.
    Eileen

14. A really magical winter image, Seonaid. Perfect haiku!

15. emmylgant says:

Moody and wondrous. Thank you.

16. Fabulous – you can feel the cold

17. Sue Slaght says:

What a gorgeous photo! So still and peaceful, albeit a bit chilly.

Yes, life does flicker on… I can see the glow. Frosty the snowman definitely visited your area of the world spreading his joy. Stay warm. Your picture and words are as beautiful as always. Thanks.

19. Rachael says:

This so sums up for me the energy of midwinter. Lovely haiku and photo. Reminds me rather of where I used to live 🙂

20. John Coleman says:

Absolute magic, Seonaid. Thank you.

21. Suzanne says:

What a wonderful pboto. Your haiku suits it very well.