Unexpected Vision

20131123-085159.jpg
A pair of otherworldly dancers drifted into our vision, swirling like visiting ghosts between the empty chairs of St Marks Square. An unexpected vision of impossible romance, bathed in Venice moonlight. Echoes trailed from her skirts of countless dancers from centuries past, and the shadows of lovers pressed in from the dark edges. This vision in a timeless space between the veils drew all the eyes of centuries into this moment.

More unexpected photos are here at the weekly photo challenge.

This entry was posted in art, history, photos, travel, weekly photo challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to Unexpected Vision

“Echoes trailed from her skirts of countless dancers from centuries past” … wonderful thought, beautiful photo!

2. Pingback: Unexpected photographs | Processing the life

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: unexpected « blogagaini

4. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: unexpected « blogagaini

5. nickzantop says:

Beautiful shot; I love the soft light!

6. Pingback: In the middle of the night… | Words 'n Pics

7. Sun says:

beautiful photo and her gown, stunning. like a Cinderella fairy tale…

8. A scene which, in my mind, could only occur in Europe! Beautiful and evocative. D

9. Talk about being at the right place at the right time – exquisite and intimate

10. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge / B4 Retouch: Unexpected (Tutankhamen) | What's (in) the picture?

How utterly romantic! The place and those dancers and that dress…magical moment!

12. twoscamps says:

Romance is alive and well in Venice. Incredible capture Seonaid!

I can quite imagine Venice as a place of intrigue … romance … and trysts @ nightfall ….
    Lovely Unexpected encounter Seonaid ๐Ÿ™‚

• It was an impossibly romantic place, and we had all sorts of surprising and intriguing encounters as we explored the streets at night, but I didn’t manage to capture them all as well as this one ๐Ÿ™‚
      So glad you enjoyed it……I sense another romantic soul….

Magical photo and moment! Beautiful unexpected post!

• It seemed to fit the bill perfectly for the challenge Amy…..I loved the shot, and am surprised but delighted at the response to it ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s not just me that’s a hopeless romantic I sense ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Hanna says:

Romance, yes ๐Ÿ™‚

Timeless and magical Seonaid. Was the dress yellow or was that the light?

What a lovely and romantic sight!

Kathryn’s right! A magical moment ๐Ÿ™‚

19. vastlycurious.com says:

This is just a magical photograph! I like everything about it and I wish I was in that lovely gauzy gown! How romantic!

20. Lovely image. So atmospheric. ๐Ÿ™‚

21. Paula says:

Wonderfully romantic shot ๐Ÿ™‚

22. Colline says:

What a beautiful capture of a special moment.

23. Maria M says:

Loved the romantic spell you cast with your well chosen words and the great picture.

24. Leanne Cole says:

It is so wonderful when this sort of thing happens.

25. Like a Federico Fellini film.

26. timwolverson says:

I love it! Ethereal indeed!