Snow Fall

2015/01/img_0120.jpg
Snow fell snow on snow
Its hush shrank the world softly
Back to slow pleasures

This entry was posted in elemental, mindfulness, poem and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to Snow Fall

1. Pingback: Edward Club Poems | EdwardNight Club

2. Lovely, missing all that white glory here. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Great capture Seonaid!

Shrank the world softly … just lovely.
    As is this image.

5. Robin says:

How lovely! The haiku and the image are wonderful. I wish I could step into the scene. We rarely see that kind of snow here (and I think I must be related to a snow queen because I love snow).

6. Ese' s Voice says:

So real that I suddenly felt like tucking myself in…far away from the attack of the snowflakes ๐Ÿ™‚

Hurray for snow!

8. pommepal says:

I know that must be very cold Seonaid, I can almost remember the feel of it from 50+ years ago when I lived in Yorkshire, but somehow the golden glow from those lamps give it a warmer feel.

9. Fantastic image to go with your haiku, Seonaid, although I know the image came first. ๐Ÿ™‚

My slow pleasures would be me plopped in my recliner in front of a roaring fire in the fireplace with a stack of good books to read! Enjoy your snow!

Yes, perfect (as your first comment says). “Slow pleasures,” yes. Magic.

You could step right into that photo, Seonaid! (I know- you stepped out of it to take the shot ๐Ÿ™‚ ) I can feel the hush ๐Ÿ™‚

Lovely haiku. It settles like cottonwool snow in my soul.

Your haiku and photo are so lovely the snow is almost appealing!

Look so cool! But, I love this snow photo, beautiful capture!

You’ve had some too !!
    Lovely haiku …the quietness of it .

17. Slow pleasures are tops.

18. Ah, snow, one of the many ‘joys’ of winter. I hope you like snow Seonaid. The way you’ve captured the weather with your words and with your photo makes it seem not-that-bad! Perhaps you could shed a bit of that light down here in Pennsylvania? D

• I must confess to liking a bit of snow in winter…as long as the roads are well gritted for travelling…or even better at weekends or on non-work days! It makes everything so pretty and bright, covering over all sorts and glittering like magic. It always makes me smile ๐Ÿ™‚

19. Rachael Charmley says:

Perfect little haiku.Is this Edinburgh?