Lifting mist

20140316-122511.jpg
Obscuring mist lifts
Gathered by warmth into clouds
Leaving gaps for light

This entry was posted in art, change, elemental, mindfulness, nature photo, photos, poem, verse and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Lifting mist

1. Love this, Seonaid. Your words fit perfectly. 🙂

An endlessly fascinating sight of mist .. sky … light spaces . Such a lovely haiku too .
    Enjoy your trip to further mountains and lochs Seonaid 🙂

I love to see it burn away leaving a bright day behind.

• It’s very uplifting somehow isn’t it Gilly. It seemed as though the sun wasn’t quite strong enough to burn the mist away on this day…..it simply gathered it upwards into the clouds 🙂

4. Love the sense of this picture…fabulous capture.

5. Suzanne says:

What a breathtakingly beautiful photo. I love your haiku too.

6. Colline says:

I like the way you have captured the light in this picture.

Beautiful gaps, Seonaid 🙂

8. Caro Woods says:

Your blue is beautiful! x

9. Creation:
    You must have used a telephoto lens? maybe at 10 A.M. ?

I find that you may live in a geographical location.. that has been predestine 🙂

Best Regards,

Anthony

• No telephoto lens….I don’t own one unfortunately!
      But you are spot on with the time….we had a leisurely breakfast and then headed off along the loch side road. This is up in Perthshire, about an hour and a half north of my home 🙂

Such a glorious capture!

11. Ese' s Voice says:

Stunning…not only the photo but your words, too!

12. Brenda says:

Gorgeous! I love when the sun winks through the clouds.

13. kcaptain77 says:

The first of Jan. I moved farther North in New Hampshire and at times I get to see mist and fog play with the hills and mountains. You have captured the sentiment of the nature of the place beautifully.

• There is something very magical about mist for me. I also love the way that mountains make me feel small and give me perspective. I’m sure you’re enjoying your new home!

14. Sue Vincent says:

A beautiful picture… I miss mountains.

15. Uncle Tree says:

I love when that happens! 🙂 Good capture, Seonaid!

Gathering misfits
    Cling to Earth for all its worth
    Lift up like angels