Blossom Celebrations

Come with me under the blossom skirts of Spring, and lie on the soft damp earth with the sound of bees busy in your ears. Sun filtered through blossom flesh takes on luminous sparkles and dazzling glints which catch the corners of your eyes. The breeze fills with the swish and swirl of waves washing through a thousand petal underskirts.

Each soft sigh of Spring plucks a million petals of confetti, grown for just this moment. Clouds of flowers swirl and dance in the rivers of the breeze, delighting the eye and heart in momentary celebrations of springs abundance. Sunlight furled petals offer to lead us fresh into the flow of summers new wild abandon. Let your heart drink in this earthy joy, refreshed and replenished each morning in fresh dew.

This entry was posted in mindfulness, nature photo, weekly photo challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

71 Responses to Blossom Celebrations

1. samba2017 says:

Thanks for sharing this, I enjoyed the Spring theme and love the light coming through the white blossom. I have just started a poetry blog here on WordPress in case you have time to have a look? Wishing you a sunny day, Sam πŸ™‚

2. Alexandra says:

love the way the sun comes through the blossoms… the sun-kissed beauty of spring! beautiful poetic post, Seonaid!!

Oh my goodness, these are gorgeous! What an eye you have, Seonaid.

4. timkeen40 says:

Spring is my favorite time of year. You captured it perfectly.

Tim

So beautiful, Seonaid! Spring has been so delightful this year…long lasting and abundant in flowers. We still have the lilacs here, but the beautiful cherries are all over.

6. pommepal says:

Beautiful blossoms and enriching words, an ode to spring.

7. I’m lost in the beauty of it all πŸ˜€

8. Such stunning photos of the petals against the clouds, Seonaid. I love the idea of petal underskirts and confetti. Perfect descriptions. πŸ™‚

Stunningly beautiful! Lovely lighting. I agree, magic words πŸ™‚

10. Seonaid, your magic in eye and words is stellar, as usual. Those blooms are stunning. They are like being a bride again.

Oh you take the most beautiful photos. hasn’t it been a beautiful spring? πŸ™‚

12. John Northcutt Young says:

Lovely words and pictures Seonaid. Could feel the texture of the petals from here.

13. Su Leslie says:

Beautiful; these capture the spirit and essence of Spring πŸ˜€

14. You’ve really captured the feel of the moment here Seonaid. I imagined, as I read, that I was under one or another tree-in-flower. I imagined the wind blowing and the gone-by petals launching into the breeze. … I compared my view with that which you’ve provided here and they were in good agreement. How in the world did you get the exposure right on the petals here while at the same time not overdoing the whole thing while looking directly into the sun (especially in the second image)? Nice … all around. Thanks. D

• Truthfully David I’m not entirely sure how I did that, but as you know I do love to shoot into the sun, and somehow or other it usually works out. I think I had enough light filtered by the petals πŸ™‚ Delighted that I had you lying there on the grass beside me!

15. Splendid celebration and great pictures πŸ™‚

Delicious! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ It’s grey again today but one day at the weekend I was walking through a swirl of pink ‘snow’ as the wind scurried it about. Wonderful!

• its magic isn’t it Jo, and we seem to have had more than our fair share of sunshine up here recently….fluffy clouds and blue skies are the perfect match for blossom snow πŸ™‚

17. simonfalk28 says:

Lovely to see you delight in your passage to Summer as we head into Winter here. The photos are stunning. Enjoy beautiful Skye for us too πŸ™‚

• Always Simon…..and yes funny the different seasons across the globe….Spring is so abundant and forceful here it feels as though it must be happening everywhere!!

So beautiful – in word and picture!

Ahhhhhh, I feel totally refreshed and my heart smiles! Thank you!

20. Trini Lind says:

Oh, so gorgeous!! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–

21. Your photos and beautiful words remind me of an ornamental apple I can see out my window. It is full of smaller pink blossoms that are falling like confetti to the ground where it looks like pink mulch. Beautiful post. πŸ™‚

• Blossom is so pretty as it falls Judy, transitory beauty. Your pink blossom sounds gorgeous….a little like my ancient apple tree….as though someone hand painted the petal tips pinkπŸ’•πŸ˜Š

22. Beautifully worded Seonaid! Love the bit about the bees as I have done exactly that and delighted in it πŸ™‚

23. Sabiscuit says:

Wonderful invitation and closeups on the flowers, Seonaid. They really do look like blossom skirts. xo

24. wildsherkin says:

How absolutely gorgeous!

25. dairiel says:

Beautiful, dear Seonaid. Thank you.