The stitching of earth

20130731-224720.jpg
Ocean blue reflecting upwards into eternal sky,
Silent cloud threads stitched into summer silk,
By earths piercing green needles.

This entry was posted in elemental, mindfulness, nature photo, philosophy, photos, poem, relaxation, spiritual, thoughts, verse and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to The stitching of earth

1. wrygrass.com says:

Just perfect, words and photo

2. Swati Singh says:

I love pictures like this, colorful and contrasting

3. zark66 says:

Really, really wonderful Seonaid! Congratulations! ๐Ÿ˜‰

The colours are breathtaking, and the words just right.

Such rich and lovely colours.

• I love landscape colours when they are as crisp and primary as these….yellow, green and blue….nothing too complicated, and yet rich layers within each colour band.
      I used to take photos purely to use for paintings, and this would have been typical for this……

Stunning view in blue! Beautiful post!

7. Vivid colours. And that looks like asparagus growing in the foreground!

8. Liana says:

I’m wearing this one…all over me

9. A fine stitching of words and image too (where is it?)

• Thanks. It’s off the North East coast of Skye, looking across to the mainland of Rosshire, just north of the Old Man of Stoor. I took it at the very start of June 2013, late afternoon of a very hot (by Scottish standards) day.

You’ve captured infinity.

11. Gorgeous photography of a stunning subject – your photo makes that sky look so other-worldly!

12. Poignant words to accompany a lovely picture…. summer silk!