Hello Baby!

20131210-202240.jpg
Here’s another quick piece of art I thought I would share with you. My lovely neighbour has had her second little boy, and so I drew and painted a card to welcome the new wee soul to the world. The idea of storks bringing babies always fascinated me as a child, and when my son was born he had what the midwife called ‘stork marks’. They faded away during his first year of life, but they made me smile whenever I noticed them hiding away under his soft baby hair.

20131210-205223.jpg

This entry was posted in art, childhood and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Hello Baby!

I had to chuckle as my comment was going to be “you’re so talented, Seonaid”, only to realize that your very first commentor said the same ๐Ÿ™‚
    I just saw that you work as a psychotherapist … I refer to those in your speciality often (I’m in women’s health).
    Cheers!

You are so talented, Senoaid. Thank you for sharing this lovely and beautiful card

3. So, so cute!! But I am not having another child just to get one made for me. LOL! You are very talented. PS Hope your phot-editing of a certain person’s shiny pate goes well ;D

4. Lisa says:

sweet and spontaneous ๐Ÿ™‚

That’s one cute bundle !
    Lovely free movement in your pen and ink/ watercolour ๐Ÿ™‚
    Always special to receive a thoughtful homemade card like this Seonaid .

• Thanks Poppy, it was a very quick creation…..sometimes that’s best.
      Of course each time I look again I can think of ways to change it or add to……the artistic eye can be a pain sometimes ๐Ÿ™‚

Lovely, but don’t storks hold boy babies by the stalk? ๐Ÿ™‚

Ahh teh new mum and dad must have been thrilled to bits!

8. You’ve definitely got a second career path clearly set out for you. And you’ve got a lucky neighbor to be receiving a Seonaid original. D

• Very kind David, but I don’t think I’m talented enough to make a living from cards…….I do it for fun, it gives me pleasure, and I hope others enjoy receiving them ๐Ÿ™‚
      I love it when a design comes together on the page, fresh from my imagination!

9. Leanne Cole says:

What a wonderful thing to do, I always try to make cards too, and have always encouraged my children to do the same.
    I find storks quite fascinating as well. there is something about them.

• There is isn’t there Leanne…..such impossibly long legs and beaks, with a huge sweep of wing, perched high on chimneys and trees. They always feel a bit otherworldly I suppose, and their nests are ridiculously messy!