Autumn storms

Summer has reluctantly released her hold, and the Caileach Bheur of winter has swept across the west coast of Scotland today. She has burnished all the grass copper and turned the sea a wild storm blue. All the old dust of the year has been swept away in her wake.

She is washing her plaid in the bright blue waters of the Minch and sending white foamed waves coursing into all the bays and inlets. It seems nothing of the summer will remain, and yet the hills and heather stand firm against her sweeping change.

This entry was posted in change, elemental, Plockton and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Autumn storms

You know how to enjoy each other – lovely post. Dramatic scenery and beautiful girls!

Fresh …breezy but full of warmth Seonaid . Lovely set of photographs . Sheer enjoyment on thier faces as well as yours this morning I’m sure !

3. Such dramatic and gorgeous images, Seonaid. I so enjoyed your descriptive narrative. Stay warm. 🙂

4. Sue says:

Beautiful, beautiful images, Seonaid! And what a pair of gorgeous, happy dogs…..

The dogs don’t seem the least bit bothered but you and I will have to break out the Winter coat, Seonaid. 🙂 Lovely pics!

• Oh yes the winter coat was on, but truthfully it wasn’t too cold…around 14 Celsius…positively balmy in these parts for the end of October😉
      As for the dogs they love it…extra strong wind propelled sniffs, and full body wind stroked fur…. Like a spa treatment for dogs!✨😃✨

6. Trini Lind says:

Oooooooooh, I looooooove these!!!! 💖💖💖

7. 2geeks3knots says:

That second photo is especially brilliant. Beautiful post!!!

• Thank you😊 Trying to get shots of the dogs, without blur, and perfectly framed by the background can be a challenge anyway….add in wild winds whipping them into an excited leaping around frenzy and life gets even harder😆😉

8. Pingback: Autumn storms | per mare...

Achingly beautiful shots.
    Those sights make it worth the discomfort I remember suffering on the banks of a Scottish loch – I don’t think I’ve ever felt as cold before or since.

10. Suzanne says:

Great photos. Those dogs look incredibly glad to be alive.

I don’t suppose the dogs mind the wind blowing through their silvered coats?

Oh, those leaden stormy skies. I didn’t need the fly-away dog fur to tell me it was windy. But you must explain: “Caileach Bheur”?