Persephone’s Bells

20140422-233116.jpg
Shadow paths of dreams and thoughts
Towards lights white lips.

Persephone comes
Trailing bluebells in her wake
And earth gushes life.

All is well within
Deep under thick flower filled woods
Spring flows eternal.

This entry was posted in art, elemental, nature photo, poem and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Persephone’s Bells

1. wisejourney says:

beautiful words and amazing picture

Enchanted forest – bluebells and Persephone…Well, literature sits so well with you. As words and pictures do. Bluebells are not here yet though – funny they come so early to you!

Beautiful bluebells, Seonaid! I haven’t seen many in our woods yet. They must be on their way ๐Ÿ™‚

• It really is, you can feel yourself slipping between the cracks here….especially as the sun goes down ๐Ÿ™‚

• A beautiful Haiku too! There is a special sort of enchantment within a bluebell wood ๐Ÿ™‚ I do love that artists and writers through the millennia are inspired by the same sights in the same ways. Nature seems to speak to us on some unconscious and instinctual level ๐Ÿ™‚

• I think you have hit on a real truth here Sarah….almost a collective unconscious triggered by natures symbols, sounds and textures. We respond at a deep level to the rising symbols. Glad you enjoyed the haiku trio ๐Ÿ™‚

• And it’s not a learnt behaviour either! We may have a rich heritage of mythology and storytelling but you only have to spend time with a small child who hasn’t heard the tales or seen particular artworks, to know that we do seem to be born with this imaginative recognition!

4. That is so beautiful! I am not a poetry reader at all (hated it at school) but I do love reading yours. That is a gigantic compliment, btw ๐Ÿ™‚

• Wow Kellie, I’m soaking in the gigantic compliment….thank you ๐Ÿ™‚
      I’m thinking of you and your foraging each time I walk through the waves of wild garlic at the moment…..

5. Your words really match the magic of your photo, Seonaid. How lovely to have bluebells to walk amongst. ๐Ÿ™‚

• I do love the blue bell woods….so lush and colourful after the drab browns of winter. They spring up each year, seemingly from nowhere, in just a few weeks. Such a treat ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m so glad to see her rise, welcome, welcome sweet Persephone.

7. When I saw your title, I knew this would be about bluebells! I love the way you connect them to Persephone returning from the underworld into the light again.

• Oh dear I’m becoming predictable ๐Ÿ™‚
      While I was lying in these woods taking photos I began to imagine I could hear the ting blue bells ringing….and later I began to imagine who they might have been ringing for!

• I wouldn’t call you “predictable,” Seonaid, ever. It just so happened that “our” Virginia bluebells are in bloom and I have not had a chance to break away for a photo trip. so when I saw your title, I just KNEW ๐Ÿ™‚ Just another synchronicity in our lives…

• It’s strange and wonderful how that keeps happening ๐Ÿ™‚

8. dadirri7 says:

so gloriously lovely … and we are about to celebrate Samhain … Persephone returning to the riches of the dark …

9. Rachael Charmley says:

I followed you…with the beautiful image and the gorgeous trio of haikus. So much hope in so few words.